Friday, April 9, 2010

Black Sheep

Have you any wool?

It's funny how some things that are so obvious are mistakenly becoming subtle. It's not clear anymore; it seems like it melted, or dissolved, you know? Like, blended in.

Clearly, I'm not your typical person. What I noticed was that people see me as the best person, and some see me as the most horrid thing there is. No in-betweens. It's funny how people generalize who they think I am, but in reality, it is broader than that. I don't understand why people are so judgmental, especially adults. It hurts to hear that people think that I'm a bad influence. I'm not. Well, at least, I don't think so. I don't like being the one who is compared to the do-not-do-that list. I got my family members looking at me and telling younger kids to not be like me. HAHA. They point at my tattoos, and shake their heads simultaneously. From my knowledge, grown-ups are supposed to be more understanding and accepting. Since they have been in situations adolescence have been or are going through, they should be more knowledgeable about the hardships and all the other drama shit.

As you all know, I'm Filipina. My culture has extremities. There is no in-betweens. They have the richest, and they have dirt poor. They have the drop-dead gorgeous, and they have the dead-look-a-likes. Really. Anywho, for my family, I'm the pariah. It doesn't have to be said. It is so fucking obvious. I wouldn't say that I'm a badass; I just have a mind of my own. I'm a pain in the ass, yes, but I have more common sense than most teenagers do. I've been there done that. I don't need to learn it later because I've been through it before. Yes, I chose and still choose to learn the hard way rather than listening to people, especially my parents. I'd rather live life filled with lessons from my mistakes, rather than listening to old people compare and contrast their bullshit to mines. HAHA.
I'm a liberal, for the most part. I try to be more open-minded because new ideas can lead to way more possibilities and opportunities. I have been told by various people that I was born in the wrong time, like my age doesn't coincide with my mentality. Not on some cocky bullshit, but I believe that they are correct. Lol.

Anywhooooo.

Evidently,
I'm in between.

4 comments:

  1. Basically what you're saying is that you're a risk taker, you don't mind making mistakes and learning from em but your parent, family or people in general just don't get it lol ..

    It's cool .. nobody likes to be judged but it is part of this vast confusion known as 'life'.

    Gotta take punches in bunches I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yupp. I find it amusing how I'm the model of the don't-dos. Like, my cousins pointed out my tattoos and told my little cousin to not do that. She's 11 years old. Her mind will change billions of times. You can't force somebody to do something if they don't or want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh:

    "From my knowledge, grown-ups are supposed to be more understanding and accepting. Since they have been in situations adolescence have been or are going through, they should be more knowledgeable about the hardship..."

    But...

    "Yes, I chose and still choose to learn the hard way rather than listening to people, especially my parents. I'd rather live life filled with lessons from my mistakes, rather than listening to old people compare and contrast their bullshit to mines. HAHA."


    If youre going to learn things the hard way, regardless of bullshit old people tell you then what does it matter if they are knowledgeable & accepting or not. You aren't listening anyways... In a time where it seems the younger crowd wants everything handed to them... I love reading your stuff. You have a lot of fight & a lot of will. The school of hard knocks is tough, but you will learn from your own mistakes, not hear lessons others have learned from living through things you wouldn't otherwise.

    Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess, I'm just THAT stubborn. Lol. =] Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Gracias for the input. =P

Follow and Twit me @SNEAkUHbUTT